ELITE SPRING IDENTIFICATION CAMPS
The Calgary Fire Bantam AA Spring ID Camp is not a tryout camp. The Midget AA / AAA Spring ID Camp is considered the first stage of our tryout process.
The purpose of our Spring ID camps is to provide an opportunity for athletes and parents to:
- Experience the competition level of Elite female hockey.
- Learn more about the Calgary Fire program.
- Meet Calgary Fire Elite coaching staff and receive feedback.
Midget AA / AAA Spring ID Camp
- Spring 2020
- Location TBD
Bantam AA Spring ID Camp
- Spring 2020
- Location TBD
CALGARY FIRE ELITE PREP CAMPS
Calgary Fire Elite Prep Camps are not a tryout camp.
- Our Elite Prep Camps primarily consist of skill and conditioning / compete sessions. The midget camp will be run by Global Sports Academy and the Bantam camp will be a combination of Global Sports Academy and the coaches.
- Athletes will not be graded or judged on this Prep Camp.
- Elite Prep Camps are not mandatory for those athletes intending to try out for our GHC Elite Program.
Midget AA / AAA Prep Camp
Bantam AA Prep Camp
To register for an Elite Prep Camp, please select the camp and tryout package at the time of registration. More information can be found on our Registration page.
CALGARY FIRE ELITE TRYOUTS
Bantam and Midget players wishing to tryout for the Calgary Fire must reside within the current boundaries of Hockey Calgary (Zone 9).
As per the Female Hockey Alberta Development Model (ADM), there are no established Draw Zones or Recruitment Areas for teams categorized as “AAA” Midget.
Players must complete Hockey Alberta's Female Elite Tryout Notification Form and forward submission to their current resident Local Minor Hockey Association (if applicable) and Girls Hockey Calgary.
Tryouts for the GHC Calgary Fire Elite Female Hockey Program consist of three selections phases.
- Initial Draft
- Secondary Releases
- Final Releases
Each player will receive a minimum of two (2) ice times.
If a player is "released" from the Calgary Fire Elite selection process, this does not mean the player is released from GHC.
If a player is released from the Calgary Fire Midget AAA team and they have requested a second tryout with another Midget AAA team, she may move on to this second tryout.
If a player has not requested a second try out for another Midget AAA team, she may or may not be “drafted” to further tryout for the GHC Midget Elite tryout.
Once players are released from the Midget Elite or Bantam Elite teams, they move on to the Community Evaluations for their respective age groups.
To tryout for our Elite Female Hockey Program, please select the registration and tryout package at the time of registration. More information can be found on our Registration page.
Midget Tryout Information
- 2019 Midget AAA Tryout Process Information
- 2019 Midget AAA Tryout Teams
- 2019 Midget AAA Tryout Schedule
- 2019 Continuing Midget AAA Tryout Teams
- Midget AAA Red and White Game Teams
- Midget Elite Red and White Game Teams
- Midget AAA Draft Team List
- Midget Elite Red Draft Team List
- Midget Elite White Draft Team List
ELITE TRYOUT FORMS
All players trying out for a Midget "AAA" team outside of their Resident Minor Hockey Association needs to have a completed Notification of Tryout Form signed by their Resident MHA.
Notification of Tryout Forms need to be handed into the association players are accessing their first tryout with prior to the start of tryouts. “AAA” Players who have a preference for their second tryout can state their second tryout directly onto the NTO form.
Zone 9 Players who wish to attend a Midget "AAA" training camp and/or tryout camp outside of their Recruitment Area must submit Hockey Calgary's online Letter of Permission form.