Equipment Return at ECTAS on June 23 and June 25, 2020
Hello GHC families!
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, GHC has adjusted our equipment return procedure this year. We ask for your cooperation in completing the following steps for GHC to recover association equipment while minimizing risks to our volunteers and ECTAS staff.
Equipment Return Dates at East Calgary Twin Arenas (ECTAS)
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020 – 5:00 pm to 8:00pm (10 minute time slots)
- Thursday, June 25, 2020 – 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm (10 minute time slots)
*Sign Up for your GHC Equipment Return Time here.**
Equipment Return Protocol
- Please designate one person per team to return all association-issued jerseys and equipment for your team. If this individual has not already done so, please collect and inventory all association-issued equipment for your team, including:
- Both sets of Home/Away jerseys and jersey bags *U7 (Timbits), U9 (Novice) and U11 (Atom) will return 1 set per team.
- Puck bags and pucks (25, or as given)
- Coach boards, bags and pens
- First Aid Kit
- Pinnies *If applicable
- Goalie Gear *If applicable
- Select a date and time for equipment return using the Volunteer Local sign-up (above).
- Prior to your selected date and time, please note any missing or damaged items – especially jerseys.
- On your return date and time, arrive promptly and queue in your vehicle outside of the ECTAS entrance. Out of respect for our volunteers and other GHC families, please ensure you arrive and complete your return within your assigned window. GHC volunteers will be set up to receive your return directly from your vehicle.
- If you have any COVID-19 specific symptoms, have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14-days ,or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, please do not come to the arena. We can arrange an alternate date when it is safe to do so.
Jersey Return Policy Reminders
- Jerseys must be washed, dried, and hung in jersey bags in NUMERICAL order.
- All name bars, letters and/or patches must be FULLY REMOVED prior to return.
- If your age division is allowed to keep one set of Sponsorship Jerseys, please return the jersey bag that came with that set.
- If you are unable to return all association-issued equipment in accordance to these protocols, it will be your team’s responsibility to arrange an alternate date.
- GHC Jerseys must be returned clean and in undamaged condition. Any GHC Jerseys not returned by June 30, 2020 will result in GHC cashing the $200 deposit cheques from the applicable players.
- To review our full jersey policy, please refer to Section 16.4 JERSEYS in the GHC Policy Manual.
It requires a lot of work to sort, inventory and order equipment for 50+ teams. Your assistance in keeping things organized is greatly appreciated!
Sponsorship Jerseys for U9 (Novice) and U11 (Atom)
- All 2019-20 U9 (Novice) players are entitled to keep their RED GAME JERSEY, donated by the Calgary Flames Foundation sponsorship program. U9 (Novice) teams must return their WHITE GAME JERSEY SET to GHC.
- All 2019-20 U11 (Atom) teams are entitled to keep their WHITE GAME JERSEY, donated by the McDonald’s Canada atoMc Hockey sponsorship program. U11 (Atom) teams must return their RED GAME JERSEY set to GHC.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jodie Baldwin, Director of Community.
Thank you for your support during this time!