CALGARY FIRE AAA/AA TRY-OUTS
CALGARY FIRE AAA/AA PREP CAMPS
U18 AAA/AA Prep Camp
August 15-26, 2020
Great Plains Arena
U15 AA Prep Camp
August 23-September 5, 2020
Great Plains Arena
Calgary Fire AAA/AA Prep Camps are not a tryout camp.
- Our AAA/AA Prep Camps primarily consist of skill and conditioning / compete sessions. Both the U18 and U15 camps will be run by Global Sports Academy.
- Athletes will not be graded or judged on this Prep Camp.
- AAA/AA Prep Camps are not mandatory for those athletes intending to try out for our GHC AAA/AA Program.
Registration opens July 1, 2020. To register for an AAA/AA Prep Camp, please select the camp and tryout package at the time of registration. More information can be found on our Registration page.
CALGARY FIRE AAA/AA TRYOUTS
U18 AAA/AA Try-Outs
September 1-12, 2020
Great Plains Arena, Norma Bush
U15 AA Try-Outs
September 9-17, 2020
George Blunden, Norma Bush, Father David Bauer, East Calgary Twin Arenas
As per the Female Hockey Alberta Development Model (ADM), there are no established Draw Zones or Recruitment Areas for teams categorized as “AAA." U15 players wishing to try-out for the Calgary Fire must reside within the current boundaries of Hockey Calgary (Zone 9).
Tryouts for the GHC Calgary Fire Elite Female Hockey Program consist of three selection phases:
- Initial Draft
- Secondary Releases
- Final Releases
Each player will receive a minimum of two (2) ice times. If a player is "released" from the Calgary Fire AAA/AA selection process, this does not mean the player is released from GHC.
- If a player is released from the Calgary Fire U18 AAA team and they have requested a second tryout with another U18 AAA team, she may move on to this second tryout.
- If a player has not requested a second try out for another U18 AAA team, she may or may not be “drafted” to further tryout for the GHC U18 AA tryout.
- Once players are released from the U18 AA or U15 AA teams, they move on to the Community Evaluations for their respective age groups.
To tryout for our Calgary Fire AAA/AA Female Hockey Program, please select the registration and try-out package at the time of registration (July 2020). More information can be found on our Registration page.
PLAYERS OUTSIDE OF ZONE 9 WISHING TO TRY-OUT FOR THE CALGARY FIRE "AAA"
All players trying out for an “AAA” team that is outside their Resident Minor Hockey Association must have a completed Notification of Tryout Form signed by their Resident MHA. This completed form must be presented to each team that the player is trying out for before she/he is eligible to participate in the try-out camp. Please send completed form to email@example.com
Players outside of Zone 9 who wish to attend a U18 "AAA" Calgary Fire training camp and/or tryout camp must submit a Letter of Permission to Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC). Please send completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If a player signed a Player Agreement and was registered with a AAA team for the 2019/2020 season and would like to play for another AAA team for the 2020/2021 season, the family will need to request an Elite Waiver from the Previous Registered Team. The signed waiver, complete with rationale must be submitted to the Female Elite Hockey Committee prior to the start of tryouts.
Please note: It is understood by all parties that should the player be chosen as a member of the Calgary Fire, GHC will notify the AFHL and the player’s Resident LMHA. If the player does not make the Calgary Fire, it is the player’s responsibility to notify her Resident LMHA whether or not she is returning or wishing to access an additional try out.