Financial Assistance for GHC Families
GHC’s mission is to provide female athletes the opportunity to play female hockey. Part of this is addressing the financial barriers that some families face when registering for youth sports. Please find some financial assistance resources below, including our ENMAX® Girls Hockey Calgary Financial Sponsorship thought our partners at ENMAX Corporation. Families often qualify for multiple programs. Some grant programs are processed on a first-come, first-served basis so early application is highly recommended. If you are aware of additional resources for minor hockey players and/or female athletes that are not listed below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENMAX® Girls Hockey Calgary Financial Sponsorship
Thanks to the generous sponsorship of ENMAX Corporation, Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC) is able to administer annual financial support to families who are struggling to meet the financial demands of hockey.
- Applicants must be registered with Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC).
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must apply for at least one the following financial assistance programs:
- Flames EvenStrength Program (FESP)
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart Individual Child Grant
- Lace’Em Up Foundation Grant
- Grindstone Award Foundation Grant
Please Note: Families often qualify for multiple programs. Some grant programs are processed on a first-come, first-served basis so early application is highly recommended. GHC reserves the right to award funding to families who may not meet the income criteria for these programs but demonstrate a significant financial need.
- Register with GHC. (Please select “offline” payment during the registration process.)
- Complete and submit ENMAX® Girls Hockey Calgary Financial Sponsorship form.
- Complete third-party applications. (GHC will receive confirmation of funds awarded from Flames, Jumpstart and Lace’Em Up.)
The ENMAX® Girls Hockey Calgary Financial Sponsorship is applied directly to registration fees. The amount of funds provided is determined by the GHC Board of Directors Executive Committee, and generally does not exceed 25% of the player’s base registration fee. The total award amount may vary by family and is at the discretion Directors Executive Committee. The target award date for the ENMAX® Girls Hockey Calgary Financial Sponsorship is December 1, 2020.
All information provided as part of this application process is held in the strictest confidence and successful applicants will not be publicized in any way. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Opens: July 1, 2020
Deadline: October 15, 2020
Flames EvenStrength Program (FESP)
Hockey Calgary, KidSport, the Flames Foundation & Canadian Pacific have teamed up to support the Flames EvenStrength Program (FESP). This initiative helps to alleviate the cost of playing hockey for children in our community who face financial barriers to participating in organized sports. Since 1998, the program has distributed over $2,900,000 in support of local minor hockey players so they can play the game they love. Please note that in order to apply for funding, your player(s) must already be registered with your hockey association. This is an online application only – no paper copies are provided.
Opens: July 1, 2020
Deadline: October 15, 2020
Apply: Flames EvenStrength Application 2020-2021
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Individual Child Grants
Jumpstart funds more than 70 activities related to physical activity. So long as it involves physical activity, there’s a good chance we can help. Children must fall between the ages of 4 – 18 years old. Funding is up to $300 per activity, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. To be eligible for funding for one or more children, families must first meet specific financial criteria as per Revenue Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO) chart or are receiving the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB).
A clear, legible and current copy of anyone of the following will suffice as proof of need:
- Income assessment
- Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment showing Line 150 – Total Gross Income
- Most recent, three consecutive pay stubs
- Canadian Child Benefit (CCB) Statement
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Opens: January 2020
Deadline: The Individual Child grant application opens in January and closes when the funds have been depleted for the year.
Apply: Canadian Tire Jumpstart Individual Child Grants
Grindstone Award Foundation Grant
The mission of the Grindstone Award is to provide opportunities to young female hockey players who have a desire to play, but are unable to for financial reasons. To quality:
- The recipient must be under nineteen (19) years of age.
- The recipient must reside in Canada.
- The applicant must submit the Application Form (available below).
- The applicant must provide documentation of their financial status (Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency).
Opens: June 1, 2020
Deadlines: July 17, 2020
Apply: Grindstone Award Foundation Grant
Lace’Em Up Foundation Grant
The Lace’Em Up Foundation for Kids has supported thousands of youth from low income families with funding to play hockey. We strive to create equal opportunity for all children to participate in hockey.
- Children must be between the ages of 3 and 18.
- Child must be from a low-income household. Notice of Assessment as proof of financial standing will be required during the application.
- Child must already be registered with a hockey association. Copy of invoice and/or proof of registration with a hockey organization required during application (we fund dues for community, grassroots and elite level hockey) Applications should be completed by the child’s parent or guardian OR individual must have permission from the parent or guardian, along with all necessary documentation needed to apply (teachers and mentors are welcome)
Opens: July 15, 2020
Deadline: Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis due to limited funds.
Apply: Lace’Em Up Foundation Grant
Rawlyk Family Foundation GHC AAA/AA Financial Sponsorship
Girls Hockey Calgary Calgary Fire AAA/AA financial sponsorship is generously supported by the Rawlyk Family Foundation. The sponsorship is designed to assist players who demonstrate both the desire and potential to compete at the post-secondary level, but who are unable to participate in AAA/AA hockey due to personal financial restrictions.
- Applicants must be registered with GHC in the U15 or U18 age divisions for the 2020-21 season.
- Applicants must be drafted AAA/AA players, or an “A” division player with potential to play at the AAA/AA level.
- Financial Need
- Academic Standing
- Hockey Ability
- Sportsmanship and/or Community Participation/Service
Successful applicants will be selected by a selection committee, which includes:
- Dave and Susan Rawlyk
- President of Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC)
- Member(s) of the AAA/AA Committee and/or GHC Board of Directors
The number and value of the Rawlyk Family Foundation GHC AAA/AA Financial Sponsorship(s) will be determined by the selection committee. GHC reserves the right to expand, limit, or cancel this program at any time.
Interested parties must submit the attached Sponsorship Application form to the Girls Hockey Calgary office. All information provided as part of the application process will be held in the strictest confidence and successful applicants will not be publicized in any way. Please submit application and attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: Rawlyk Family Foundation GHC AAA/AA Financial Sponsorship)
Opens: October 1, 2020 *2020-21 Application Available Soon
Deadline: November 1, 2020