As we move from physically distanced sessions to ‘cohort’ groups, Hockey Calgary has made the careful decision to adjust our Symptom Screening process.
Effective Monday, October 5, 2020, players and families will no longer be required to fill out the TeamSnap Health Check due to the following reasons:
1. Cohort Groups – now that we are firmly in cohort groups. Contact tracing can be completed using cohort rosters, practice/game schedules, and the availability feature in TeamSnap.
2. Health Check Issues – some of the questions on the Health Check are not applicable to AHS requirements. There are several instances that require our members to either be dishonest with their assessment, or ‘fail’ their Health Check, despite being cleared to participate by AHS requirements. At one point we were under the impression that we would be able to customize these questions. However, that is no longer an option.
3. Alberta Health Services/Hockey Alberta Requirements – the storing of and proof of daily symptom screening is no longer required.
Symptom Screening – participants will be sent the Alberta Health Daily Checklist. Members must go through this checklist prior to coming to a scheduled activity. They are not required to show completion. If a participant can answer YES to any of the questions, they are not to attend.
Contact Tracing – Prior to attending a scheduled event, participants will be required to update their availability on TeamSnap as ‘Going’ or ‘Not Going’ using the Availability Feature. Coaches and/or Managers will be responsible for ensuring availability is completed.
Important Information from Hockey Calgary:
- Symptom Screening and Contact Tracing Update
- AHS Daily Checklist
- Contact Tracing and Symptom Screening Parent Guide (formerly named the ‘Health Check Parent Guide’)
- COVID-19 Isolation Requirements Cheat Sheet *Available soon