Learn About TeamSnap’s “Health Check” Screening Tool
COVID-19 Screening Tool in TeamSnap
Players͕ coaches and dressing room supervisors must complete ͞Health Check͟ before each ice session. Please note:
- Players will not be allowed on the ice if the health check is not completed.
- If you answer yes to any of the ͞Health Check͟ questions or have any COVID-19 symptoms, you will not be cleared to participate.
- If your player is not attending, you should not fill out the Health Check.
- Health Check͟ will open for input 8 hours before the scheduled event͘
- Please Familiarize yourself with the symptoms of COVID-19 and follow AHS and Government guidelines.
- If your player becomes ill͕ is a ͞Close Contact͟ or is suspected of having COVID-19, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DO NOT ATTEND HOCKEY ACTIVITIES IF YOU ARE SICK.
The system is very easy to use and will allow us once in our groups to not only track attendance at hockey events as we have in the past but also accurately capture a players COVID-19 status prior to participating in a hockey activity. This information is private and only the fact that you pass the Health Check is visible to an administrator of the group.
Hockey Calgary Health Check Parent Guide
Hockey Calgary has created a Parent Guide for the 2020-21 Season: https://www.hockeycalgary.ca/assets/file/Operations/covid/Health_Check_Parent_Guide.pdf
About Health Check
TeamSnap Health Check is the first COVID screening tool to be fully embedded into a sport management platform. Health Check is a questionnaire that opens 8 hours before an event and asks members 4 questions recommended by the CDC for COVID-19 symptom screening. This feature provides a way for team members to complete a screening in their mobile app before attending scheduled team events and easily pull up the green clearance screen to show coaches and volunteers when they arrive to a game or practice.
Questions included on the Screening Tool:
1. Have you experienced a fever of 100.4ºF or greater in the past 14 days?
2. Have you received a positive result from a COVID-19 test within the past 14 days or have you been in close contact with anyone that has or had symptoms of COVID-19 that required you to quarantine?
3. In the past 14 days, have you or someone with whom you have been in close contact traveled to an area that required quarantine upon return?
4. In the past 14 days, have you experienced or had a worsening any of these symptoms that are not attributed to another health condition: fever, cough, loss of smell or taste, or shortness of breath?
5. Does the player have any new onset or worsening of these other core symptoms: Chills, Sore Throat/Difficulty Swallowing, Runny Nose/Congestion, Feeling Unwell or Fatigue, Headache, Nausea or Vomiting, Pink Eye, Muscle and Joint Aches or general feeling of being unwell or fatigued?
Please note: Answers cannot be edited once they have been submitted.
If cleared to participate, players can come to the evaluations / ice session and simply show their green clearance screen (sample below).
TeamSnap places extreme value on data security and privacy. For these reasons, TeamSnap does not store answers to screening questions and only retain the resulting health check status of team members for 90 days.
Waivers vs. Screening
We know that sometimes “health screenings” and “health waivers” are used interchangeably. TeamSnap Health Check is strictly a screening tool, and will need to be completed before attending each ice session. Participants are also required to complete a one-time GHC COVID-19 Release and Waiver before their first GHC hockey activity.
Important Health Note
TeamSnap Health Check is a tool meant to assist in screening team members who may be experiencing COVID symptoms prior to attending games and events. Health Check status should not be used as a diagnosis. Team members that are not cleared by the health check should consider seeking medical care and further testing.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 and above
- Mac OSX
Supported Browsers (latest versions):
- Google Chrome **Recommended
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari*
- Microsoft Edge
- NOTE: Internet Explorer is NOT supported.
Health check is compatible with TeamSnap for iOS version 5.8.0 (or later) and TeamSnap for Android version 6.9.0 (or later). The TeamSnap mobile apps are designed for iOS and Android devices and are not compatible with Windows Phone or Blackberry. TeamSnap can be accessed via a mobile web browser on a non-iOS or non-Android devices. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.