Registration Guide for the 2020-21 Season
Registration Links for 2020-21
Registration for our 2020-21 season is now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration inquiries after August 31, 2020.
- Registration Information
- Return to Play
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Association Policies and Procedures
- Coach Resources
- Community Evaluation Information
- AAA/AA Try-Out Information
- Hockey Calgary Important Dates *Coming Soon
TeamSnap is the official sports organization management tool of Hockey Canada and our registration processes have been updated accordingly. You will require a TeamSnap account to register. If you do not already have one, please Sign Up for TeamSnap.
Please ensure the participant name is your daughter’s given name (no nicknames) before completing the registration. Be sure to double check all other fields (parent’s names, etc) are populated with the correct information before submitting. Please do not include other information beside any names such as a nickname, “mom”, “dad”, etc. If you happen to submit your name instead of your daughter’s in the participant field, please advise GHC Registrar Corinne Ross at email@example.com ASAP so the system can be updated.
If you are encountering issues accessing the online registration process, please see our System Requirement notes below.
Do not wait until the last minute to register in the event that you require assistance. Please keep in mind that the on-line registration system used by Girls Hockey Calgary is Canada-wide and will become very busy at the end of the month.
In order to take advantage of the early registration discount, registrations AND payment must be received by August 15, 2020. (GHC has not changed the Early Bird and Regular Fee amounts from the 2019-20 season, and have eliminated our Late Fee.)
Last Season’s Fee Increase Schedule:
Early Bird: June 1-30, 2019
Regular Fee: July 1-31, 2019 (Early Bird + $150)
August 1-31, 2019 (Early Bird + $250)
2020-21 Fee Increase Schedule:
Early Bird: July 1-August 15, 2020
Regular Fee: August 16-31, 2020 (Early Bird + $150)
Registration Fees and Requirements
Our 2020-21 fees are available on our Registration page.
Please ensure that your family reviews all registration policies, requirements and fees before registering. These include but are not limited to: Respect in Sport Requirement, Volunteer Commitment Requirement and Withdrawal Policy.
If you have any questions about your daughter’s eligibility, age division or about our programs and policies, please visit our FAQ page or contact Corinne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 1 – Payment in FULL
- Register online and make a one-time full payment via credit card, cash or cheque.
Option 2 – Payment in INSTALMENTS
- Register online and select the option for 4 monthly payments.
- Your total registration amount will be divided into equal monthly payments.
- Payments will be processed on the 1st of each month.
- All members must be fully paid by October 1st.
- Players drafted to the Calgary Fire must pay the balance of their AAA/AA fees by November 1st.
Instalment Example #1: If you register between July 1 and August 15, you will be charged the Early Bird Registration fee in 4 equal payments. Your initial payment is made at time of registration, and the remaining will be processed on August 1, September 1 and October 1.
Instalment Example #2: If you register between August 16 and August 30, you will be charged the Regular Registration fee in 3 equal payments. Your initial payment is made at time of registration, and the remaining will be processed September 1 and October 1.
Option 3 – Financial Assistance
Families who believe they qualify for the following financial assistance programs are encouraged to apply. Please select “offline payment” at the time of registration. If forms are not received, the expectation is that the family will be responsible for the total registration fees.
- Grindstone Award Foundation Grant
- Flames Even Strength Program
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
- Lace ‘Em Up Foundation
- GHC Financial Assistance Fund
- GHC Calgary Fire Financial Sponsorship *Drafted Players
Hockey Canada ID Number
Online registration is available to those players who were registered with Girls Hockey Calgary during the 2019-20 season. You will require your daughters’ Hockey ID number to register online.
Please visit the FAQ page on our website to find out how to obtain your existing Hockey ID number.
For those players who are new to minor hockey, all new registrants must complete the Respect in Sport (RIS) for Hockey Canada Parents before registering for minor hockey. Once this course is complete, your child’s Hockey Canada ID number can be created.
While registering, you will notice a number of registration packages to choose from, including AAA/AA prep and try-out camps and our volunteer bond opt-out option. Please be sure to select the package that contains all desired items prior to submitting payment.
Please ensure the family / participant email is up to date. This is the email utilized by GHC to contact families. If your daughters’ email is utilized as the family / participant she will receive all emails.
If for any reason your family’s email changes throughout the season please contact the office to have it updated in the registration system.
Once registered, the online system will generate a receipt to your primary e-mail.
All families who are new to GHC are required to complete/submit:
- Respect In Sport (Parents) (Please ensure that Girls Hockey Calgary is the selected association. If RIS has been completed for another child/sport, please see contact our Registrar email@example.com for instructions.)
- Hockey Calgary Parent Declaration Form.
- Proof of residency (as per parent declaration form).
- Proof of age (copy of your daughters’ birth certificate or passport).
- Registration documents can be scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 403-278-9230 or mailed/dropped off to the office at the GHC Office at Easy Calgary Twin Arenas (ECTAS), 299 Erin Woods Dr. SE (2nd floor).
Once all required information (and applicable transfers) is received, families will be sent a link to register on-line.
Please visit our Registration page or contact Corinne at email@example.com with any questions.
The TeamSnap mobile apps are designed for iOS and Android devices and are not compatible with Windows Phone or Blackberry. TeamSnap can be accessed via a mobile web browser on non-iOS or non-Android devices.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 and above
- Mac OSX
- Google Chrome: latest version *Recommended
- Mozilla Firefox: latest version
- Apple Safari: latest version
- Microsoft Edge: latest version
Internet Explorer is not supported.
- iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
How to check:
- Locate and open Settings
- Tap General
- Tap About
- Note the current iOS version is listed by Version
- Android 5.0 or later
How to check:
- Open your device settings
- Tap About Phone or About Device
- Tap Android Version to display your version information
Thank you for your patience and have a great summer!
See you at the rink!