Lead Calgary’s largest elite female hockey franchise as Vice President Calgary Fire AAA/AA on GHC’s Board of Directors.
The Vice President AAA/AA has general supervision of the business of the Calgary Fire AAA/AA Program, sits on Alberta Female Hockey League (AFHL) committee, and is a voting member of the Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC) Board of Directors.
AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Calgary Fire AAA/AA Committee Leadership
The Calgary Fire AAA/AA committee oversees and administers the operational and financial performance of Calgary Fire AAA/AA teams.
- AFHL Elite Female Hockey Committee Representation
The AFHL Elite Female Hockey Committee sets the expectations and requirements for Host Minor Hockey Associations who operate Female ADM Franchises. As franchise representative for the Calgary Fire AAA/AA, theVice President AAA/AA will participate in the objectives of the AFHL committee.
- GHC Board Representation
The GHC Board of Directors is the legal authority for Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC). As a member of the Board, the Vice President, Calgary Fire AAA/AA acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization as a whole.
- Attend monthly Board meetings;
- Attend meetings of assigned committees;
- Attend Annual General Meeting (May);
- Support of Calgary Fire AAA/AA events: (Coach recruitment and selection (Spring); U18 AAA/AA, U15 AA Spring ID Camps (June); U18 AAA/AA, U15 AA Prep & Try-Out Camps (August-September); Annual Calgary Firestarter AAA/AA Tournament Weekends (September-October); Provincials, Championships, Special Events.)
Two (2) years with the possibility of two term renewals, up to six (6) years in total.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a leadership role in minor hockey (coach, manager, Board member) or experience within the hockey operations environment;
- Education and/or experience in Sport Management or a related field will be considered an asset;
- Passion for the advancement and promotion of elite Female Hockey;
- Knowledge of Hockey Alberta, its development programs and delivery structure;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment with volunteers;
- Ability to interpret and apply rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution.
Diversity and Inclusion
Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC) is strongly committed to equity and inclusion and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including those from equity-seeking groups. Please note, we have a strong desire to have female members represent a minimum proportion of 50 percent of our committee. We thank all applicants in advance.
Conflict of Interest Policy
– The Vice President AAA/AA should not have a daughter currently playing in the Calgary Fire;
– The Vice President AAA/AA must not be receiving payment as a coach, vendor or service provider for Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC).
APPLY (Deadline: May 1, 2021)
- Interested candidates should submit an Expression of Interest Form: https://www.girlshockeycalgary.com/expression-of-interest/
- Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC) Executive Committee will review submissions, conduct interviews and make a recommendation for nomination to the Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC) Board of Directors.
- The Vice President AAA/AA will stand for election at the Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC) Annual General Meeting on May 31, 2021.
Hockey Administration Manager
Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC)