The Program Director, Community Development will be responsible for overseeing program and player development for Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC). Will work alongside the GHC Board of Directors, most specifically the Development team. Collaboration, creativity and adaptability will be key.
GHC Community Spring and Summer Development Program
- Slated to start Spring 2022, the GHC Community Spring and Summer Development Program will offer player development for female players in the Calgary region through on and off-ice programs.
- Direct day-to-day planning, decision-making and operations of GHC’s Community Spring and Summer Development Program including the hiring of instructors for programs
- Lead and develop the skill sessions associated with Spring and Summer programs;
- Over time, develop both a competitive and non-competitive streams of skill development, with the potential to form teams that will compete in the growing Spring/Summer tournaments and leagues in the Calgary area
- Oversee and manage the administration of ancillary programs to benefit Girls Hockey Calgary players (i.e., sport psychology, dry-land training and nutrition)
- Promote a coach and player culture through long-range operating plans
- Promote program sustainability with the development of long-range operating plans
GHC Community In-Season Development Programming
- Assist in GHC’s in-season player development strategy for all Community divisions (i.e., specialty programs – defence, scoring, goaltending, skating and guest instructors)
- Develop plan and execute GHC Community Prep Camps for U13, U15 and U18.
- Develop plan and execute Pathway Skates for U9 and U11.
- Assist in the planning and running of skill sessions with GHC Community Evaluations
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of coaches (head coaches and assistants) with GHC’s Board of Directors
Application deadline extended to January 17, 2022. Read detailed role description and candidate requirements here: GHC Program Director, Community Development Role Description